Background Readers of this website with be all too familiar with the attacks on the scientific competence and reputation of Professor Tim Noakes in South Africa (1). Recently, I listened to a radio broadcast about Shaken Baby...Read More
Rheumatoid arthritis A recent paper reports on research conducted at the University of Birmingham has discovered that maintaining sufficient vitamin D levels may help to prevent the onset of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid...Read More
Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT) Two years ago, the results of SPRINT were announced in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) (1). In this trial, the blood pressure (BP) medication is adjusted to achieve...Read More
I have just noticed a paper, which was designed to compare an intensive lifestyle intervention with standard care for the treatment of T2D. A secondary objective was to study the impact on the amount of medication used for,...Read More
In 1999, the pharmaceutical company Merck introduced the drug Vioxx (Rofecoxib) to be used as an anti-inflammatory treatment for pain associated with osteoarthritis. It was claimed to be effective and safer than other treatments...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- "Moderna CEO says the world will have to live with Covid 'forever'"
This is the reality. Johnson and Hancock please… https://t.co/bKwsuNJpaZ
about 25 mins ago
- @thackerpd @Newsweek @BlomsterBoy Keep up the good work Paul. No doubt you will have seen that there is nothing on… https://t.co/LaZSxFdSWj
about 14 hours ago
- Chinese Health Experts Call to Suspend Pfizer's mRNA Vaccine for Elderly after Norwegian Deaths
about 16 hours ago
- Those who have had the 'flu jab may well have an increased chance of death due to Covid-19.
about 18 hours ago
- @Newsweek @BlomsterBoy Politicians do not do peer-reviewed research but rely on SAGE, which ought to be disbanded b… https://t.co/55WAmtNSPl
about 19 hours ago