In his third Reith Lecture Dr Atul Gawande, focuses on the approach by doctors to patients with diseases which may be terminal (1). One of the big changes that has occurred in the last 50 years or so has been the increase in the...Read More
Tag: Healthy Eating
There is now very convincing evidence that the recommendations to reduce the intake of fat and especially of saturated fat (SFA) have turned out to be one of the most notable failures in the field of public health policy. As...Read More
This is a repost with permission which has been written by Kris Gunnars. I am very grateful to him for his agreement to publish here. This is an up-to-date commentary, which accurately summarises the deficiencies and problems of...Read More
Foodswitch UK is an app which has just been launched in the UK with the objective of assisting consumers to identify the healthier options of specific food types (1). The recommendations are based on an evaluation of the...Read More
In my last post (Blog 51) I explained how the Institute of Medicine (IOM) has been re-evaluating the evidence on the relationship between salt and health. This was initiated because of growing doubts about the current...Read More
In my last post (BLOG 23) I showed there is convincing evidence that the fat present in milk is linked with specific health benefits. In recent years there has been growing interest in the CLAs which is the term used to...Read More
For the past 30 years or so, Healthy Eating has been actively promoted by governments, public health professions with support from the food industries. It is now evident many people are actively implementing the dietary...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- "Moderna CEO says the world will have to live with Covid 'forever'"
This is the reality. Johnson and Hancock please… https://t.co/bKwsuNJpaZ
about 9 mins ago
- @thackerpd @Newsweek @BlomsterBoy Keep up the good work Paul. No doubt you will have seen that there is nothing on… https://t.co/LaZSxFdSWj
about 14 hours ago
- Chinese Health Experts Call to Suspend Pfizer's mRNA Vaccine for Elderly after Norwegian Deaths
about 16 hours ago
- Those who have had the 'flu jab may well have an increased chance of death due to Covid-19.
about 18 hours ago
- @Newsweek @BlomsterBoy Politicians do not do peer-reviewed research but rely on SAGE, which ought to be disbanded b… https://t.co/55WAmtNSPl
about 18 hours ago