It is about forty years since the dietary guidelines were introduced in USA. Most other countries followed suit. Here in the UK, the report by the Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA) on “Diet and Cardiovascular...Read More
Category: Current Recommendations
At our “Diet and Diabetes” event held in Skipton in September 2016, Dr. Trudi Deakin was one of the keynote speakers. Trudi is a dietitian who has established X-PERT Health, a registered charity based in Hebden Bridge that...Read More
I have just discovered a report entitled “Obesity in Canada: A Whole-of-Society Approach for a Healthier Canada” (1), which I find very encouraging. It has been produced by a Standing Committee of the Senate and demonstrates a...Read More
The “Lipid Hypothesis” Are you worried about your blood cholesterol (TC) level? For many it is a fact of life (and death) that if you have a high TC level this means an increased risk of dying from heart disease. Hence it...Read More
Public Health England (PHE) has just launched the latest version of the Eatwell Guide (1). In the related PR the following points were made: There is greater prominence for fruit, vegetables and starchy carbohydrates, preferably...Read More
LATEST This trial has finally concluded and Professor Tim Noakes has been totally vindicated by the panel that was set up to deliver the verdict. To any impartial observer who was following the various twists and turns over the...Read More
The cornerstone of the original dietary guidelines was the recommendation to reduce the intake of saturated fat (SFA). This in turn led to the advice to increase the consumption of complex carbohydrates and the polyunsaturated...Read More
An extremely valuable contribution to our understanding of contemporary nutrition has just been released. This is a review of research which has been conducted by a team from the Credit Suisse Bank. The primary purpose is to...Read More
SUBMISSION TO: Hon. Jillian Skinner, MP, Government of New South Wales FROM: Dr Verner Wheelock I am extremely concerned about the expulsion of Jennifer Elliott from the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) because of her...Read More
The main thrust of the healthy eating recommendations which have been promulgated as official policy for the past 40 years or so has been to reduce the intake of total fat, especially the saturated fats (SFAs). Numerous...Read More
174. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Comments on Latest version of Dietary Guidelines for Americans
.Every 5 years the Dietary Guidelines in the USA are reviewed. The latest exercise is in progress and the first draft was released in February 2015 (1). The crucial and potentially contentious aspects relate to fat, sugars and...Read More
In the light of the excellent paper by Zoe Harcombe and her team which demonstrated conclusively that there was no reliable evidence on which to base the official dietary guidelines when first devised in the USA and in the UK,...Read More
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- 299. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Four. The Implications of the Actions by the Tribunal and the Court)
- 298. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Three. The Appeal to the High Court)
- 297. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Two. The GMC Hearing)
- 296. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part One. How it all began)
- Cancer cells need steady supply of glucose to thrive. Cancer patients should limit sugar/carbs to absolute minimum.
about 32 mins ago
- Excellent TEDx talk by Dr. Sarah Hallberg, who shows how T2D can be reversed by ignoring the dietary guidelines.
about 51 mins ago
- Be very careful with vitamin and mineral supplements. May do more harm than good.
about 1 hour ago
- Why do dietitians continue to recommend carbs when they are not essential nutrients?
about 2 hours ago
- Many medical treatments and procedures are based on research that should not have any credibility.
about 2 hours ago