It is about forty years since the dietary guidelines were introduced in USA. Most other countries followed suit. Here in the UK, the report by the Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA) on “Diet and Cardiovascular...Read More
Category: Current Recommendations
At our “Diet and Diabetes” event held in Skipton in September 2016, Dr. Trudi Deakin was one of the keynote speakers. Trudi is a dietitian who has established X-PERT Health, a registered charity based in Hebden Bridge that...Read More
I have just discovered a report entitled “Obesity in Canada: A Whole-of-Society Approach for a Healthier Canada” (1), which I find very encouraging. It has been produced by a Standing Committee of the Senate and demonstrates a...Read More
The “Lipid Hypothesis” Are you worried about your blood cholesterol (TC) level? For many it is a fact of life (and death) that if you have a high TC level this means an increased risk of dying from heart disease. Hence it...Read More
Public Health England (PHE) has just launched the latest version of the Eatwell Guide (1). In the related PR the following points were made: There is greater prominence for fruit, vegetables and starchy carbohydrates, preferably...Read More
LATEST This trial has finally concluded and Professor Tim Noakes has been totally vindicated by the panel that was set up to deliver the verdict. To any impartial observer who was following the various twists and turns over the...Read More
The cornerstone of the original dietary guidelines was the recommendation to reduce the intake of saturated fat (SFA). This in turn led to the advice to increase the consumption of complex carbohydrates and the polyunsaturated...Read More
An extremely valuable contribution to our understanding of contemporary nutrition has just been released. This is a review of research which has been conducted by a team from the Credit Suisse Bank. The primary purpose is to...Read More
SUBMISSION TO: Hon. Jillian Skinner, MP, Government of New South Wales FROM: Dr Verner Wheelock I am extremely concerned about the expulsion of Jennifer Elliott from the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) because of her...Read More
The main thrust of the healthy eating recommendations which have been promulgated as official policy for the past 40 years or so has been to reduce the intake of total fat, especially the saturated fats (SFAs). Numerous...Read More
174. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Comments on Latest version of Dietary Guidelines for Americans
.Every 5 years the Dietary Guidelines in the USA are reviewed. The latest exercise is in progress and the first draft was released in February 2015 (1). The crucial and potentially contentious aspects relate to fat, sugars and...Read More
In the light of the excellent paper by Zoe Harcombe and her team which demonstrated conclusively that there was no reliable evidence on which to base the official dietary guidelines when first devised in the USA and in the UK,...Read More
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- Virta Health shows how T2D can be tackled effectively by altering the diet. NHS please note.
about 10 mins ago
- Scientific publications have been corrupted by commercial interests.
about 31 mins ago
- 197,000 deaths per year
in the EU are caused by ADRs: total cost to society of ADRs in the EU
is €79 billion.
about 52 mins ago
- Why are patients not always presented with the harsh reality of the dangers of medical practice before treatment?
about 1 hour ago
- Limit intake of polyunsaturates because they can increase insulin resistance which is bad news!
about 2 hours ago