The official dietary recommendations continue to advise a reduction in saturated fat (SFA) and an increase in the polyunsaturated fat (PUFA). The justification is that the SFA will reduce the Blood cholesterol (TC) and therefore...Read More
Category: Heart disease
Dr David Diamond is a neuroscientist who was overweight with high values for his blood cholesterol (TC) and triglycerides, which indicated that he was a prime candidate for heart disease. He was therefore typical of those who...Read More
According to the latest report prepared for the British Heart Foundation there is not enough evidence to support the current dietary recommendations to reduce saturated fat(SFA) and increase polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) in order...Read More
The Lyon Heart Study is one of the most successful investigations which demonstrate that a change in diet results in a significant improvement in the survival rates of men and women aged <70 years old who have experienced a...Read More
Northern Ireland has one of the highest death rates due to heart disease in the world while France has one of the lowest. A comparison between the diets of middle-aged men in Belfast and in Toulouse which was published as...Read More
Traditionally milk has been regarded as important with respect to nutrition because it is a source of calcium and several vitamins. However liquid milk consumption has suffered because of the competition other beverages such as...Read More
Dr Robert Lustig is a leading expert in childhood obesity at the University of California, San Francisco. He has constructed a formidable comprehensive case that explains why diet is primarily responsible for the development of...Read More
According to recent press reports , the Department of Health (DoH) is cock-a-hoop because the main supermarkets and some of the major food manufacturers have agreed on a system of nutritional labels which will appear on the...Read More
T2D is one of the modern-day major public health issues. If there are persistent excessive levels of sugar in the blood (glucose) eventually the pancreas becomes exhausted and therefore cannot produce sufficient insulin to...Read More
The justification for the prescription of statins is that they lower the level of cholesterol in the blood(TC). As a consequence it is argued there will be a reduction in the risk of developing heart disease. However as I...Read More
The above is the title of a film made by Justin Smith which describes the way in which science is being manipulated and corrupted in order to underpin the sales of statins which generate billions of dollars for the...Read More
In BLOG 15, I explained that there are serious doubts about the rationale which underpins the recommendation to increase the intake of polyunsaturates (PUFAs) which are the omega-6 fatty acids(omega 6s). Nevertheless foods which...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- "Deaths in own homes have seen an excess of 23,619 since week 14, a similar number to the 23,005 excess deaths in… https://t.co/B9dyFaFqoO
about 20 hours ago
- @bushell_jeb It is all here.
“There is a lack of substantiated evidence to support claims that facemasks protect ei… https://t.co/WeL9IrQ505
about 21 hours ago
- This must be obvious to anyone who has ever worked in a lab. Government is making policy on useless/worthless infor… https://t.co/zHZmPMnVWT
about 21 hours ago
- Three cheers for this lady from Barnsley who talks more sense than all the Government and its pathetic advisers.
about 21 hours ago
- @bushell_jeb So what is the justification for using masks in public?
about 2 days ago