Most evidence based on studies in men The case for the widespread use of statins is extremely flimsy. The trials that provide the justification have been subject to detailed criticisms (1). In any event most of them were...Read More
A report from the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee concludes that information is routinely withheld from doctors and researchers about the methods and results of clinical trials on treatments currently prescribed in...Read More
Recently I have devoted several posts to the topic of statins (1,2,3). It is obvious that there are many serious doubts about the official/conventional approach to the use of these drugs which have been highlighted by the recent...Read More
So NICE has decided to go ahead with its proposal to recommend that those with a 10% risk of developing heart disease should be considered for treatment with statins. In an article in the BMJ, Professor Mark Baker, the director...Read More
NICE has just announced that the proposal for all those with a 10% risk of developing heart disease should be offered statins has been confirmed. Effectively this means virtually everyone because even with the healthiest,...Read More
The Science Media Centre describes itself as: “an independent press office helping to ensure that the public have access to the best scientific evidence and expertise through the news media when science hits the headlines”(1). A...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @Charlotte3003G Why does he not instruct us all to stay at home in case we get knocked down crossing the road?
about 19 hours ago
- @befree200 How many years will it take to prove that a Covid-19 vaccine is safe?
about 19 hours ago
- @befree200 Why does the BBC and the rest of the media never tell us that prescription drugs are the third leading c… https://t.co/KAjA9qAfwc
about 1 day ago
- @CovidJusticeUk More about the dubiety of the tests here if Twitter will let you look!!
about 4 days ago
- @CovidJusticeUk Test are meaningless anyway. Nonsense!!
"The relation with infectiousness is unclear and more data… https://t.co/WymejAc9Gh
about 5 days ago