In an article in the Yorkshire Post (1) the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) has released guidance which advocates that Vitamin D supplements should be given out free to people who are at risk of a...Read More
Tag: Life Expectancy
So NICE has decided to go ahead with its proposal to recommend that those with a 10% risk of developing heart disease should be considered for treatment with statins. In an article in the BMJ, Professor Mark Baker, the director...Read More
The most up-to-date information on Vitamin D provides convincing evidence that most people suffer from an inadequate supply which is linked to increased risk of a wide range of common diseases. The role of Vitamin D in diseases...Read More
There is now overwhelming evidence that the total cholesterol in the blood (TC) is not a reliable risk factor for heart disease. In Blog 38 I pointed out that the death rate due to heart disease in Belfast is 4 times that of...Read More
Obesity is now classed as a disease according to a recent decision taken by the American Medical Association (AMA)which is the official body representing the medical profession in the USA. This decision was reached despite the...Read More
The justification for the prescription of statins is that they lower the level of cholesterol in the blood(TC). As a consequence it is argued there will be a reduction in the risk of developing heart disease. However as I...Read More
The above is the title of a film made by Justin Smith which describes the way in which science is being manipulated and corrupted in order to underpin the sales of statins which generate billions of dollars for the...Read More
A recent study conducted in Spain has been hailed by many commentators in the media as further evidence of the benefits of a Mediterranean-type diet (1). This is the PREDIMED trial in which the effects of 3 different...Read More
Once again the news media is highlighting the supposed dangers of consuming too much ham, bacon, sausages and other forms of processed meat. This is based on the results of a European study involving 448,568 men and women...Read More
Stearic acid is a long chain saturated fatty acid which contains 18 carbon atoms. According to an article in the Daily Mail: “emerging evidence suggests not all saturated fat should be tarred with the same brush — one type of...Read More
It is virtually impossible to avoid the incessant advertising which proclaims the virtues of various food products which are high in PUFAs(polyunsaturated fatty acids). Invariably the message is that these are “healthy”...Read More
In 2005 the authoritative Journal of the American Medical Association published the results of a study conducted by Katherine Flegal and colleagues at the respected Center for Disease Control (CDC). This work is an...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @MarcusA16898463 @digitalstudiomc How on earth can it be justified to approve the Pfizer vaccine on the basis of 17… https://t.co/52tSJ6rKTC
about 8 hours ago
- "Paul Offit's Biggest Concern About COVID Vaccines"
Paul Offitt is certainly not anti-vax so we should all take hee… https://t.co/mUOxr3DP8Z
about 21 hours ago
- @MichaelYeadon3 In contrast to the vaccines which are expensive and dubious wrt safety/efficacy.
about 1 day ago
- Pfizer Covid vaccine efficacy based on 170 confirmed cases (by PCR). Results from 3410 non-confirmed cases not incl… https://t.co/vJcVcbpFRA
about 1 day ago
- "55 People Died in US After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccines: Reporting System"
How many more people have to die before… https://t.co/5HRjq8TAnB
about 1 day ago