In his third Reith Lecture Dr Atul Gawande, focuses on the approach by doctors to patients with diseases which may be terminal (1). One of the big changes that has occurred in the last 50 years or so has been the increase in the...Read More
Tag: Healthy Eating
There is now very convincing evidence that the recommendations to reduce the intake of fat and especially of saturated fat (SFA) have turned out to be one of the most notable failures in the field of public health policy. As...Read More
This is a repost with permission which has been written by Kris Gunnars. I am very grateful to him for his agreement to publish here. This is an up-to-date commentary, which accurately summarises the deficiencies and problems of...Read More
Foodswitch UK is an app which has just been launched in the UK with the objective of assisting consumers to identify the healthier options of specific food types (1). The recommendations are based on an evaluation of the...Read More
In my last post (Blog 51) I explained how the Institute of Medicine (IOM) has been re-evaluating the evidence on the relationship between salt and health. This was initiated because of growing doubts about the current...Read More
In my last post (BLOG 23) I showed there is convincing evidence that the fat present in milk is linked with specific health benefits. In recent years there has been growing interest in the CLAs which is the term used to...Read More
For the past 30 years or so, Healthy Eating has been actively promoted by governments, public health professions with support from the food industries. It is now evident many people are actively implementing the dietary...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @pulmo1 "The WHO suspended hydroxychloroquine Solidarity Trials on 25 May. U.S. researchers did the same, as did Ge… https://t.co/uYQM9NOx6T
about 9 hours ago
- So WHO can do whatever it likes and no-one is allowed to question or criticise. Sinister forces at work.
"WHO's ne… https://t.co/NA3tfYjuUm
about 12 hours ago
- BEWARE OF VACCINES!
The swine flu vaccine, developed by GSK is believed to have caused brain damage in 60 patients… https://t.co/aD2wBg3tXR
about 1 day ago
- @sarikaverma84 @BorisJohnson I agree. Unbelievably stupid.
about 2 days ago
- @sarikaverma84 @BorisJohnson Your stance is quite understandable because the government has scared people out of th… https://t.co/NoyHVF57RV
about 2 days ago