There is an impression that science and scientists are dedicated to conducting independent studies which will provide objective results that can be regarded as definitive. Unfortunately the reality is anything but. Individuals...Read More
Tag: Drug industry
Now that the Conservatives have enough MPs to form a government, they should seize the initiative to tackle some fundamental issues about public health. At the outset it is crucial to question much of the current thinking. It is...Read More
This is a re-post of the article by Francois Lubbe of The Cholesterol Truth. I am most grateful to him for permission to post here. The original is available at Praluent: New Cholesterol Drugs Get Riskier By The Day Big Pharma...Read More
In a previous blog (1) I explained how concerns about the increased incidence of heart attacks associated with treatment for diabetes by the drug Rosiglitazone (marketed by GSK under the brand name Avandia) had resulted in an...Read More
Anyone reading a scientific paper in a reputable journal which uses a peer-review system expects the information to be reliable and objective. Unfortunately this is not necessarily the case because there is now convincing...Read More
As long ago as 1960, President Eisenhower warned about the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex. Here is a quote from the famous speech: “In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted...Read More
The use of drugs is an integral component of the conventional approach to modern medicine. Invariably a visit to your GP results in a prescription for at least one pill or potion. A similar treatment is often associated with a...Read More
The banking industry quite rightly suffers from public opprobrium because of its role in the financial crisis, manipulation of the bank rate and mis-selling of various products. By contrast the pharmaceutical industry is...Read More
The Cochrane Collaboration has established a unique reputation for the publication of reports on a variety of topics in the medical field. This is an area where there are very powerful vested interests and the quality of much of...Read More
NICE has just announced that the proposal for all those with a 10% risk of developing heart disease should be offered statins has been confirmed. Effectively this means virtually everyone because even with the healthiest,...Read More
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was recently accused of offering substantial sums as bribes in order to facilitate sales of their products in China. This is not the first time the drug company has encountered problems because of behaviour...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @pulmo1 "The WHO suspended hydroxychloroquine Solidarity Trials on 25 May. U.S. researchers did the same, as did Ge… https://t.co/uYQM9NOx6T
about 9 hours ago
- So WHO can do whatever it likes and no-one is allowed to question or criticise. Sinister forces at work.
"WHO's ne… https://t.co/NA3tfYjuUm
about 12 hours ago
- BEWARE OF VACCINES!
The swine flu vaccine, developed by GSK is believed to have caused brain damage in 60 patients… https://t.co/aD2wBg3tXR
about 1 day ago
- @sarikaverma84 @BorisJohnson I agree. Unbelievably stupid.
about 2 days ago
- @sarikaverma84 @BorisJohnson Your stance is quite understandable because the government has scared people out of th… https://t.co/NoyHVF57RV
about 2 days ago