How often are we told that a specific drug is wonderful and is therefore essential if a disease is to be treated successfully or to be prevented. The hard reality is that this begs an awful lot of questions and is only one minor...Read More
I am most grateful to Dr Antti Heikkilä for permission to post this article here. It was first published in GreenMed Info. Background Insulin resistance is a state where cells cannot take properly sugar from blood to use it as...Read More
STOP PRESS! Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake is now available to pre-order on Amazon Kindle The kindle version of my book is only £0.99 until Feb 5th Kindle UK Version Kindle US Version You can also purchase a hard copy...Read More
Background Food safety is a serious business. If a company produces a food item that is subsequently found to have harmed those who consume it, this is very bad news. Customers lose faith and sales are likely to suffer. Even...Read More
The chaos in nutrition There is little doubt that nutritional science is in a real mess. Despite convincing evidence of the benefits of a diet, which is low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats (LCHF) authorities continue...Read More
It is about forty years since the dietary guidelines were introduced in USA. Most other countries followed suit. Here in the UK, the report by the Committee on Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA) on “Diet and Cardiovascular...Read More
Petr Skrabanek was professor of medicine at Trinity College Dublin who according to his obituary in The Times: “exposed the claims of public health doctors, epidemiologists, dietary evangelists and others that many diseases were...Read More
When the dietary guidelines were devised in the 1970s/1980s one of the most important studies used to justify them was the investigation conducted in North Karelia, which is a province in Finland. Population studies were...Read More
An essential nutrient? CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) is a coenzyme, which is a vital substance in the body that has many important functions. It plays a key role in the generation of energy in the mitochondria, which are the “powerhouses”...Read More
The market town of Skipton is the “Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales”. It is located within commuting distance of Leeds and Bradford. Like everywhere else it has its fair share of people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes...Read More
Although nutrition science has been responsible for some remarkable progress in human health, there is widespread agreement that everything in the garden is not rosy. In particular, there have been some spectacular failures,...Read More
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- Anyone with T1D needs to know of the work of Dr Bernstein. Now in his eighties, he is still practising medicine.
about 12 mins ago
- Many people who comply with official advice on salt may be suffering from a deficiency.
about 32 mins ago
- Personal examples which confirm that the official line on T2D to increase carbs is not only wrong but dangerous
about 52 mins ago
- The justification for the National Cholesterol Education Program in the USA is based on the manipulation of some re… https://t.co/kHVJvLl4sA
about 1 hour ago
- How Petr Skrabenek ridiculed the conventional dietary guidelines over 20 years ago.
about 2 hours ago