STOP PRESS! Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake is now available to pre-order on Amazon Kindle The kindle version of my book is only £0.99 until Feb 5th Kindle UK Version Kindle US Version You can also purchase a hard copy...Read More
Tag: All-cause mortality
Rheumatoid arthritis A recent paper reports on research conducted at the University of Birmingham has discovered that maintaining sufficient vitamin D levels may help to prevent the onset of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid...Read More
Merck kills off new cholesterol-lowering drug I have just come across a very interesting item entitled: “Check the Obits: Lipid Research Died Last Week” (1). It is published by a mainstream medical magazine “Medpage Today”. The...Read More
The Warburg Effect It is clear that diet plays a major role in the development of cancer and that a change in diet may sometimes play a part in treatments that are successful. Otto Warburg has proposed that cancer cells depend...Read More
Readers of this blog will be aware of many reasons why cholesterol is not a reliable marker for the risks of developing heart disease or anything else for that matter. There are very thorough studies, which demonstrate that...Read More
I have lost count of the number of people I have met who are convinced that they should be concerned about the cholesterol level in their blood. If it is considered to be “too high” then they are at serious risk of suffering...Read More
When the dietary guidelines were devised in the 1970s/1980s one of the most important studies used to justify them was the investigation conducted in North Karelia, which is a province in Finland. Population studies were...Read More
Readers of these blogs will be aware that there is very little reliable evidence to demonstrate that using statins to lower total cholesterol (TC) and LDL-Cholesterol (LDL-C) has substantial benefits. As a general rule, the...Read More
Weight loss is an important aspect of the official policy for treating T2D. The recommendations are to increase the amount of fibre and to reduce fat, especially saturated fat. Specific advice includes: Increase consumption of...Read More
This is the title of a book just published, which describes and explains the science that justifies the conclusion (1). Equally important, it tells the story of why and how health professionals have been actively promoting a...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @MarcusA16898463 @digitalstudiomc How on earth can it be justified to approve the Pfizer vaccine on the basis of 17… https://t.co/52tSJ6rKTC
about 7 hours ago
- "Paul Offit's Biggest Concern About COVID Vaccines"
Paul Offitt is certainly not anti-vax so we should all take hee… https://t.co/mUOxr3DP8Z
about 20 hours ago
- @MichaelYeadon3 In contrast to the vaccines which are expensive and dubious wrt safety/efficacy.
about 1 day ago
- Pfizer Covid vaccine efficacy based on 170 confirmed cases (by PCR). Results from 3410 non-confirmed cases not incl… https://t.co/vJcVcbpFRA
about 1 day ago
- "55 People Died in US After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccines: Reporting System"
How many more people have to die before… https://t.co/5HRjq8TAnB
about 1 day ago