Rheumatoid arthritis A recent paper reports on research conducted at the University of Birmingham has discovered that maintaining sufficient vitamin D levels may help to prevent the onset of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid...Read More
Category: Vitamin D
There is no doubt that a low Vitamin D status is associated with a range of diseases and conditions of ill-health. If it can be confirmed that an inadequate intake of Vitamin D is a contributory factor then it follows that...Read More
Professor Tim Spector of King’s College, London has just written an article in which he says he has changed his mind about advocating the supplementation of a number of vitamins, including Vitamin D (1). First of all, he must be...Read More
In an article in the Yorkshire Post (1) the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) has released guidance which advocates that Vitamin D supplements should be given out free to people who are at risk of a...Read More
In Blog 48 I explained how the brothers Cedric and Frank Garland identified the possible link between exposure to sunshine, which resulted in the formation of Vitamin D in the skin, and the incidence of colon cancer. Since then...Read More
The most up-to-date information on Vitamin D provides convincing evidence that most people suffer from an inadequate supply which is linked to increased risk of a wide range of common diseases. The role of Vitamin D in diseases...Read More
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- 299. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Four. The Implications of the Actions by the Tribunal and the Court)
- 298. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Three. The Appeal to the High Court)
- 297. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Two. The GMC Hearing)
- 296. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part One. How it all began)
- NHS must stop buying drugs that do more harm than good. Scope to save £Bns!!
about 30 mins ago
- Cancer cells need steady supply of glucose to thrive. Cancer patients should limit sugar/carbs to absolute minimum.
about 51 mins ago
- Excellent TEDx talk by Dr. Sarah Hallberg, who shows how T2D can be reversed by ignoring the dietary guidelines.
about 1 hour ago
- Be very careful with vitamin and mineral supplements. May do more harm than good.
about 2 hours ago
- Why do dietitians continue to recommend carbs when they are not essential nutrients?
about 2 hours ago