Rheumatoid arthritis A recent paper reports on research conducted at the University of Birmingham has discovered that maintaining sufficient vitamin D levels may help to prevent the onset of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid...Read More
Category: Vitamin D
There is no doubt that a low Vitamin D status is associated with a range of diseases and conditions of ill-health. If it can be confirmed that an inadequate intake of Vitamin D is a contributory factor then it follows that...Read More
Professor Tim Spector of King’s College, London has just written an article in which he says he has changed his mind about advocating the supplementation of a number of vitamins, including Vitamin D (1). First of all, he must be...Read More
In an article in the Yorkshire Post (1) the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) has released guidance which advocates that Vitamin D supplements should be given out free to people who are at risk of a...Read More
In Blog 48 I explained how the brothers Cedric and Frank Garland identified the possible link between exposure to sunshine, which resulted in the formation of Vitamin D in the skin, and the incidence of colon cancer. Since then...Read More
The most up-to-date information on Vitamin D provides convincing evidence that most people suffer from an inadequate supply which is linked to increased risk of a wide range of common diseases. The role of Vitamin D in diseases...Read More
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- Virta Health shows how T2D can be tackled effectively by altering the diet. NHS please note.
about 10 mins ago
- Scientific publications have been corrupted by commercial interests.
about 31 mins ago
- 197,000 deaths per year
in the EU are caused by ADRs: total cost to society of ADRs in the EU
is €79 billion.
about 53 mins ago
- Why are patients not always presented with the harsh reality of the dangers of medical practice before treatment?
about 1 hour ago
- Limit intake of polyunsaturates because they can increase insulin resistance which is bad news!
about 2 hours ago