How often are we told that a specific drug is wonderful and is therefore essential if a disease is to be treated successfully or to be prevented. The hard reality is that this begs an awful lot of questions and is only one minor...Read More
Readers of these blogs will be aware that there is very little reliable evidence to demonstrate that using statins to lower total cholesterol (TC) and LDL-Cholesterol (LDL-C) has substantial benefits. As a general rule, the...Read More
This is the title of a book just published, which describes and explains the science that justifies the conclusion (1). Equally important, it tells the story of why and how health professionals have been actively promoting a...Read More
The death was announced recently of Dr Duane Graveline, who established the Spacedoc website (1). Dr Graveline was a qualified MD and spent a period of his working life as an astronaut. During this time he was treated with...Read More
The recent spat between the BMJ and The Lancet about statins must leave the ordinary members of the public in a complete state of confusion. If the leaders of the medical professions cannot agree, what chance is there for the...Read More
I have lost count of the number of people who have been recommended to use statins but subsequently decided to stop taking them. There are two reasons normally used to justify these regimes, namely: You are at high risk of...Read More
Currently there is widespread use of statins which is justified on the grounds that those who receive regular treatment will have a reduced risk of developing heart disease. Ideally there should be thorough evaluations which...Read More
I have just discovered a fascinating paper which describes the results of gathering and collating information from self-reported accounts of adverse reactions to statins (1). It has been published on the internet by the Journal...Read More
A recent article in the BMJ highlighted concerns about the statin Crestor which in 2014 was the most prescribed brand name drug in the US, with 22.3 million prescriptions at a cost of $5.8bn. World-wide sales for 2013 were...Read More
One of the commonly used statins is rosuvastatin, which has the brand name Crestor and is produced by AstraXeneca. It was evaluated in the trial known as JUPITER, which has been subject to considerable criticism (1). In a review...Read More
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- Anyone with T1D needs to know of the work of Dr Bernstein. Now in his eighties, he is still practising medicine.
about 27 mins ago
- Many people who comply with official advice on salt may be suffering from a deficiency.
about 48 mins ago
- Personal examples which confirm that the official line on T2D to increase carbs is not only wrong but dangerous
about 1 hour ago
- The justification for the National Cholesterol Education Program in the USA is based on the manipulation of some re… https://t.co/kHVJvLl4sA
about 1 hour ago
- How Petr Skrabenek ridiculed the conventional dietary guidelines over 20 years ago.
about 2 hours ago