The full title of this book by Dr James DINicolantonio is “The Salt Fix: Why the Experts Got it All Wrong and How Eating More Might Save Your Life”, which has just been published (1). I have been convinced for some time that the...Read More
When the dietary guidelines were first introduced about 40 years, one of the key recommendations was the population intake of sodium should be reduced. Effectively sodium was identified as a “baddy” and that efforts should be...Read More
There is now very convincing evidence that the recommendations to reduce the intake of fat and especially of saturated fat (SFA) have turned out to be one of the most notable failures in the field of public health policy. As...Read More
According to The Guardian to-day (15th April 2014)(1) the reduction in salt in recent years has been a key factor in the large fall in the number of people dying from heart attack or stroke. This is the conclusion of research...Read More
In my last post (Blog 51) I explained how the Institute of Medicine (IOM) has been re-evaluating the evidence on the relationship between salt and health. This was initiated because of growing doubts about the current...Read More
In the UK the relationship between salt and health was considered by the official Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition in 2003 (1). This report confirmed earlier recommendations that the average intake for the adult...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @Chrisbluemoon89 There are so many false positives as well as positives which are NOT infectious that any test resu… https://t.co/jPdWBjaYPM
about 1 hour ago
- @stephenpowell08 What a shambles! No basis for currrent restrictions.
You just could not make it up.
"PCR positiv… https://t.co/3G6TxfUTuK
about 1 hour ago
- @FatEmperor That is £3B as I reported in my blog on New Year's Eve 2016!
about 1 day ago
- @ProfTimNoakes Have a good look at the two different ways of presenting the Covid-10 data. Perhaps the panic is all… https://t.co/mvrfYrRpvp
about 3 days ago
- @Charlotte3003G Why does he not instruct us all to stay at home in case we get knocked down crossing the road?
about 6 days ago