STOP PRESS! Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake is now available to pre-order on Amazon Kindle The kindle version of my book is only £0.99 until Feb 1st Kindle UK Version Kindle US Version You can also purchase a hard copy...Read More
This post is by my good friend and colleague Marika Sboros who has co-authored with Professor Tim Noakes “The Lore of Nutrition”, which has just been launched in South Africa. This is a fascinating story and I have...Read More
The chaos in nutrition There is little doubt that nutritional science is in a real mess. Despite convincing evidence of the benefits of a diet, which is low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats (LCHF) authorities continue...Read More
Background I am sure many readers will be familiar with the “trial” of Professor Tim Noakes by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), which has just been completed. Essentially Noakes has been accused of various...Read More
YORKSHIRE FOOD REVOLUTION Reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity There is a wide variety of high quality foods produced in Yorkshire, especially meat and meat products as well as butter, cheese, cream and...Read More
When the article entitled “Saturated fat is not the major issue” by cardiology specialist DR Aseem Malhotra appeared in the BMJ there were over 30 responses. These give us a valuable insight into the debate. Dr Malhotra...Read More
Dr David Diamond is a neuroscientist who was overweight with high values for his blood cholesterol (TC) and triglycerides, which indicated that he was a prime candidate for heart disease. He was therefore typical of those who...Read More
Foodswitch UK is an app which has just been launched in the UK with the objective of assisting consumers to identify the healthier options of specific food types (1). The recommendations are based on an evaluation of the...Read More
It is widely assumed that we should be eating plenty of fruit and vegetables…..hence the recommendation “Five a Day”. In this Blog I will consider some of the relevant evidence. There is little doubt that some fruit and...Read More
At any given time there are large numbers of people who are attempting to lose weight. For example a survey conducted in Denmark found that 25% of people classified as underweight were slimming (1). The results for all BMI...Read More
The justification for the prescription of statins is that they lower the level of cholesterol in the blood(TC). As a consequence it is argued there will be a reduction in the risk of developing heart disease. However as I...Read More
The NHS website section which deals with Healthy Eating recommends that we should choose low fat dairy products in order to reduce our intake of saturated fats (SFA) which raise cholesterol levels and therefore increase in the...Read More
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- 299. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Four. The Implications of the Actions by the Tribunal and the Court)
- 298. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Three. The Appeal to the High Court)
- 297. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Two. The GMC Hearing)
- 296. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part One. How it all began)
- Cancer cells need steady supply of glucose to thrive. Cancer patients should limit sugar/carbs to absolute minimum.
about 33 mins ago
- Excellent TEDx talk by Dr. Sarah Hallberg, who shows how T2D can be reversed by ignoring the dietary guidelines.
about 53 mins ago
- Be very careful with vitamin and mineral supplements. May do more harm than good.
about 1 hour ago
- Why do dietitians continue to recommend carbs when they are not essential nutrients?
about 2 hours ago
- Many medical treatments and procedures are based on research that should not have any credibility.
about 2 hours ago