I am most grateful to Dr Antti Heikkilä for permission to post this article here. It was first published in GreenMed Info. Background Insulin resistance is a state where cells cannot take properly sugar from blood to use it as...Read More
Category: Metabolic Syndrome
These days we are given all sorts of advice on healthy eating. There is much controversy about what actually constitutes a healthy diet. Readers of these blogs will know that there are many criticisms of the current official...Read More
The most up-to-date information on Vitamin D provides convincing evidence that most people suffer from an inadequate supply which is linked to increased risk of a wide range of common diseases. The role of Vitamin D in diseases...Read More
Northern Ireland has one of the highest death rates due to heart disease in the world while France has one of the lowest. A comparison between the diets of middle-aged men in Belfast and in Toulouse which was published as...Read More
Over the years there has been a huge increase in the amount of Sugar Sweetened Soft Beverages(SSSBs) and there is mounting evidence that this a critical factor contributing to the increasing incidence of Metabolic...Read More
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- Virta Health shows how T2D can be tackled effectively by altering the diet. NHS please note.
about 12 mins ago
- Scientific publications have been corrupted by commercial interests.
about 33 mins ago
- 197,000 deaths per year
in the EU are caused by ADRs: total cost to society of ADRs in the EU
is €79 billion.
about 55 mins ago
- Why are patients not always presented with the harsh reality of the dangers of medical practice before treatment?
about 1 hour ago
- Limit intake of polyunsaturates because they can increase insulin resistance which is bad news!
about 2 hours ago