“The Ketogenic Kitchen” is a book, which has been published recently (1). It is jointly written by Domini Kemp and Patricia Daly. Both of them have overcome cancer successfully. Making changes to their diet has played a crucial...Read More
Category: Low Carb
The National Obesity Forum (NOF) and Public Health Collaboration (PHC) has just issued a joint press release which is a direct challenge to the UK Government/NHS advice on healthy eating (1). Introducing the report Professor...Read More
Those who follow this blog will be well aware that there is overwhelming evidence that there are very significant benefits to personal health by having a habitual diet which is LCHF. This has been demonstrated by many different...Read More
In this blog, I will highlight the views and experience of those who have succeeded in coping effectively with their condition. Invariably this has been achieved by reducing consumption of sugar and carbohydrates and replacing...Read More
A paper which has just been published concluded that: “Recent studies suggest that low carbohydrate diets appear to be safe and effective over the short term, but show no statistical differences from control diets with higher...Read More
It is well established that it takes several weeks of adaptation to get the fat-burning systems functioning effectively. But there is rather more to this than simply reducing the carbohydrates and replacing them with fat. As...Read More
For many years the accepted wisdom for those participating in any sports that required endurance was that carbohydrate-loading was essential in order to meet the demands for an energy supply. This view was reinforced by the...Read More
There are sound theoretical reasons why a diet which is low in carbohydrates and high in certain fats fats is consistent with good health and longevity. This is supported by numerous case histories from individuals as well as...Read More
There is no absolutely no doubt that the dietary recommendations which were formulated by the US Senate Committee chaired by George McGovern have proved to be disastrous. Effectively this resulted in public health policies all...Read More
You have done all the research and been convinced that it makes good sense to be consuming a diet which is low in carbohydrates and high in fat (LCHF) but also described as ketogenic. Then you have to decide how to put it into...Read More
As a society we seem to have been conditioned to expect that treatment with drugs and other medical procedures are the answer to every form of ill-health. Many of us feel short-changed if we come away from a visit to the GP...Read More
In the UK about 1 in 100 people suffer from epilepsy. Therefore there is considerable interest in using diet as a means of controlling the condition. Despite the fact that national policy continues to recommend that people...Read More
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- 299. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Four. The Implications of the Actions by the Tribunal and the Court)
- Lyon Heart Study shows death rate down by over 50% with dietary change. Much superior to statins: no side effects.
about 35 mins ago
- Beware of insulin when used to treat T2D. Minimal benefits but there may be adverse side effects, including weight… https://t.co/FI97S11QUQ
about 54 mins ago
- The USA has exhorbitant expenditure on medicine/healthcare but relatively poor public health.
about 1 hour ago
- How powerful vested interests in the US were able to influence the dietary advice that has world wide impact.
about 2 hours ago
- New developments in healthcare present patients with opportunities to take much more personal control.
about 2 hours ago