Milk and milk products play an important role in the human diet. However the nutritional composition of cow’s milk can vary considerable depending on factors such breed, stage of lactation and diet of the animal. In order to...Read More
There is growing awareness that coconut oil has a number of attributes which make it a very valuable nutrient. The contents of the individual fatty acids present in coconut oil are shown in Table 1. Table 1. Typical Composition...Read More
A paper entitled: “Evidence from randomised controlled trials did not support the introduction of dietary fat guidelines in 1977 and 1983: a systematic review and meta-analysis” by Zoe Harcombe and colleagues has been picked up...Read More
There is now very convincing evidence that the recommendations to reduce the intake of fat and especially of saturated fat (SFA) have turned out to be one of the most notable failures in the field of public health policy. As...Read More
For the past 30 years or so we have been brain-washed into believing that we should reduce the amount of fat, especially saturated fat (SFA) because this will lower the risk of developing many of the common chronic diseases...Read More
As this is Blog 50, I thought it would be instructive to look back over some of the earlier blogs and attempt to highlight some of the key message that have emerged. It is now over 30 years since official guidelines on diet were...Read More
Dr Robert Lustig is a leading expert in childhood obesity at the University of California, San Francisco. He has constructed a formidable comprehensive case that explains why diet is primarily responsible for the development of...Read More
According to recent press reports , the Department of Health (DoH) is cock-a-hoop because the main supermarkets and some of the major food manufacturers have agreed on a system of nutritional labels which will appear on the...Read More
In my previous post I referred to research which indicated that T2D can be overcome by switching to a diet with a relatively low content of carbohydrate. In this post I will present a few case studies based on the personal...Read More
T2D is one of the modern-day major public health issues. If there are persistent excessive levels of sugar in the blood (glucose) eventually the pancreas becomes exhausted and therefore cannot produce sufficient insulin to...Read More
In BLOG 15, I explained that there are serious doubts about the rationale which underpins the recommendation to increase the intake of polyunsaturates (PUFAs) which are the omega-6 fatty acids(omega 6s). Nevertheless foods which...Read More
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- 301. Many Faces of Insulin Resistance
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- 197,000 deaths per year
in the EU are caused by ADRs: total cost to society of ADRs in the EU
is €79 billion.
about 38 mins ago
- Why are patients not always presented with the harsh reality of the dangers of medical practice before treatment?
about 57 mins ago
- Limit intake of polyunsaturates because they can increase insulin resistance which is bad news!
about 1 hour ago
- Comprehensive batch of case histories which confirms the failure of the conventional treatment for T2D.
about 2 hours ago
- In November 2013 the USA DoJ announced that J&J would pay more than $2.2 billion as a result of criminal and civil… https://t.co/jgHHuby4BX
about 2 hours ago