For some time, I have been urging Diabetes UK to take account of the work of Dr David Unwin, the Southport GP, who has been extremely successful in treating those with T2D. As a result, he has achieved national and international...Read More
304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
This article is by kaitiscotland and was first published on 15th February 2018. The original article can be sourced here:...Read More
I have just been reading a paper published in 1999, which considers data from the UK Prospective Diabetes Control (UKPDS) (1). It is based on the results of patients who have been advised to alter their diet and/or be treated...Read More
I have just noticed a paper, which was designed to compare an intensive lifestyle intervention with standard care for the treatment of T2D. A secondary objective was to study the impact on the amount of medication used for,...Read More
post282. Antonio C. Martinez II’s Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) Reversal The stories about individuals who successfully reverse T2D successfully just keep coming. Here is another one about Antonio Martinez, with lots of interesting...Read More
A little progress Diabetes UK has just released its latest statement on the use of Low-carb diets for those suffering from diabetes (1). Up to now this organisation, which is the leading charity on diabetes has set itself...Read More
A flooded house If you are unlucky enough to be flooded at home because of a burst water pipe, the first thing you would do is to locate the source and stop the water coming in as fast as possible. You would be absolutely...Read More
The protocol The evidence about a diet which is low in carbohydrates and high in fat (LCHF) continues to pile up. The latest report is a study from a team based at the Virta Health Clinic in San Francisco (1). A total of 262...Read More
Setting the scene In April 2016, the World Health Organisation (WHO) released its “Global Report on Diabetes” (1). It spells out the awful truth about the extent and impact of these diseases. Here are some of the key facts: It...Read More
Failure of public health policy Despite repeated attempts to persuade the politicians, the leaders of the mainstream medical and healthcare professions to accept that the current diabetes policy is a complete failure, there are...Read More
The market town of Skipton is the “Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales”. It is located within commuting distance of Leeds and Bradford. Like everywhere else it has its fair share of people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes...Read More
It is quite obvious that the strategies for dealing with Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) in the UK (and in most other countries) are a complete failure. There is no indication that the disease is under control. In fact, all the...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- @WendyAtTheBay You could well be correct. It is diabolical that benefits of statins are grossly exaggerated while t… https://t.co/bjM0TUEhN4
about 6 days ago
- Peter Gotzsche takes on Big Pharm.
about 7 days ago
- Absolutely disgraceful, Peter Gotzsche expelled from Cochrane Collaboration. By doing so it has destroyed any reput… https://t.co/bcMOKHyvwv
about 7 days ago
- @RabbieGuevara @lokiscottishrap A long term diet with a high content of sugar/carbs will cause the pancreas to fail… https://t.co/BHIJsewRy0
about 7 days ago
- @DecGilmore Have covered this lots of times. Here is a blog I did in February.
You will fin… https://t.co/Y1kSZp1BSU
about 1 week ago