In December I wrote to my MP, Julian Smith expressing my concern about the failure of the current UK policy on Type 2 Diabetes (T2D). I pointed out that the recommendation to reduce fat and increase carbohydrates was not working...Read More
SUBMISSION TO: Hon. Jillian Skinner, MP, Government of New South Wales FROM: Dr Verner Wheelock I am extremely concerned about the expulsion of Jennifer Elliott from the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) because of her...Read More
I have just been looking at a section of the NHS Choices website entitled “The Truth about Carbs” (1). I just cannot believe the utter rubbish that is presented here about carbohydrates. Here are some extracts:...Read More
There is a growing body of scientific evidence and personal experience which demonstrates that the high content of sugar and refined carbohydrate foods is one of the main factors responsible for the rapidly increasing levels of...Read More
After deliberating for 6 years we finally have the draft report on carbohydrates (1). In view of the current concern about the effects of sugar on health, there is likely to be considerable interest in the findings. The report...Read More
In a recent paper a research project based at the University of Utah has shown that comparatively low levels of sugar added to the diet can have substantial negative effects on mouse survival, competitive ability, and...Read More
Epidemiological studies into changing patterns of food consumption and disease statistics can provide valuable insights into the relationships between diet and health. In Great Britain data from national statistics show that...Read More
As this is Blog 50, I thought it would be instructive to look back over some of the earlier blogs and attempt to highlight some of the key message that have emerged. It is now over 30 years since official guidelines on diet were...Read More
According to recent press reports , the Department of Health (DoH) is cock-a-hoop because the main supermarkets and some of the major food manufacturers have agreed on a system of nutritional labels which will appear on the...Read More
In my previous post I referred to research which indicated that T2D can be overcome by switching to a diet with a relatively low content of carbohydrate. In this post I will present a few case studies based on the personal...Read More
T2D is one of the modern-day major public health issues. If there are persistent excessive levels of sugar in the blood (glucose) eventually the pancreas becomes exhausted and therefore cannot produce sufficient insulin to...Read More
The recommendations to reduce total and saturated fat (SFA) intakes have had a major impact on the pattern of consumption by the British public. When the recommendations were introduced they were re-inforced by extensive...Read More
- 306. Opioids
- 305. A Comparison between the approaches to Type 2 Diabetes (T2D) by Dr David Unwin and Diabetes UK
- 304. Sulphonylureas increase cardiac deaths but are still recommended for use after Metformin in type two diabetics in Scotland.
- 303. Statins: Why it is crucial to have a comprehensive picture
- 302. The Conventional Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- The murky history behind fluoridation.
about 10 mins ago
- Raised death rates at recommended intakes of salt.
about 30 mins ago
- Treating the symptoms of a disease is not usually successful especially if there is also failure to address the pri… https://t.co/GCwo7M1I0w
about 50 mins ago
- Archie Robertson rejects surgery to treat cancer but succeeds in overcoming the disease with an #LCHF diet.
about 1 hour ago
- Although the benefits of #LCHF are now obvious, those close to Big Pharma use dubious tactics to provide objections… https://t.co/G8Oi3aVJMr
about 2 hours ago