I have just been watching the video entitled “You must be nuts!” which has been made by Obhi Chatterjee and colleagues. It can be viewed on You Tube here: The stimulus for this video was to try to understand why Obhi’s father...Read More
Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia which affects almost half a million people in the UK. The term ‘dementia’ describes a set of symptoms which can include loss of memory, mood changes, and...Read More
Dr Robert Lustig is a leading expert in childhood obesity at the University of California, San Francisco. He has constructed a formidable comprehensive case that explains why diet is primarily responsible for the development of...Read More
According to recent press reports , the Department of Health (DoH) is cock-a-hoop because the main supermarkets and some of the major food manufacturers have agreed on a system of nutritional labels which will appear on the...Read More
T2D is one of the modern-day major public health issues. If there are persistent excessive levels of sugar in the blood (glucose) eventually the pancreas becomes exhausted and therefore cannot produce sufficient insulin to...Read More
In 1945, an American dentist Weston Price presented evidence of a fat soluble substance present in dairy products which played a fundamental role in the utilization of minerals which were essential for the...Read More
Stearic acid is a long chain saturated fatty acid which contains 18 carbon atoms. According to an article in the Daily Mail: “emerging evidence suggests not all saturated fat should be tarred with the same brush — one type of...Read More
There is no question that the incidence of obesity continues to increase. According to the official strategy “Britain is in the grip of an epidemic. Almost 2/3 of adults and 1/3 of children are either overweight or obese……These...Read More
- 300. HEALTHY EATING: THE BIG MISTAKE
- 299. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Four. The Implications of the Actions by the Tribunal and the Court)
- 298. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Three. The Appeal to the High Court)
- 297. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part Two. The GMC Hearing)
- 296. Another Medical Martyr, Dr. Waney Squier (Part One. How it all began)
- NHS must stop buying drugs that do more harm than good. Scope to save £Bns!!
about 22 mins ago
- Cancer cells need steady supply of glucose to thrive. Cancer patients should limit sugar/carbs to absolute minimum.
about 43 mins ago
- Excellent TEDx talk by Dr. Sarah Hallberg, who shows how T2D can be reversed by ignoring the dietary guidelines.
about 1 hour ago
- Be very careful with vitamin and mineral supplements. May do more harm than good.
about 1 hour ago
- Why do dietitians continue to recommend carbs when they are not essential nutrients?
about 2 hours ago